A Day in the Life:
Try 10 Jobs for Future Tech Leaders
July 16 - 20, 2018
9:30am - 4:00pm
Latham Hopkins Gatehouse
555 Ravenswood Ave
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(Stanford / Google alum, Lighthouse founder)
Would you enjoy a career in technology leadership ? Experience 10 leadership careers in the technology industry and meet guest speakers who have worked in leadership roles. Gain hands-on project work experience and use Q&A sessions with speakers to envision yourself becoming a leader in the tech industry--and find out if you like what you see.
DEVELOP REAL-WORLD SKILLS
- Experience real-world projects across 10 different tech leadership careers and hear from guest speakers
- Develop real-world skills like teamwork, public speaking, creative thinking, decisiveness, and proactive outreach
- Bring home a portfolio of projects and next steps for exploring further
IMAGINE YOURSELF IN 10 CAREERS
You will be challenged to prototype your life in technology leadership roles such as:
- Startup CEO
- Head of Product
- Head of Marketing
- Head of Sales
- Head of Business Development
- Head of Customer Support
- Head of Legal
- Head of Customer Engagement
- Head of HR
- Head of Creative
FINISH THE PROGRAM WITH
- Your plan for the future with next steps
- An idea of what you might want to be
- Your portfolio of 10 career projects
- Your reflections on each of 10 careers
- Professional emailing experience
- Storytelling experience
- Interviewing experience
- The Career Prototyping framework
- A guide for meeting mentors
- Connections to 5+ guest speakers
- A community of like-minded students
- 9:30am - Arrival and Breakfast
- 10:00am - How to Find Mentors Talk
- 10:30am - Project Work Time
- 12pm - Speaker Preparation
- 12:30pm - Lunch
- 1:30pm - Project Presentations
- 2pm - Guest Speaker and Q & A
- 3:15pm - Reflections & Interest Scoring
- 4:00pm - End
ABOUT THE SUMMER PROGRAM
Lighthouse Summer Programs are based on the principles of life design popularized by Stanford University d.school professors Bill Burnett and Dave Evans. We bring design thinking and future life prototyping methodologies to the high school level, through career exploration prototyping that aims to decrease students' anxiety about the future, build their confidence through hands-on experience, and help them find a course of study that fits their interests.
Each day of the summer program, Lighthouse students try a new career or two: they work on a real project from that field and meet a hand-picked speaker to ask about their experience. Students will finish with real-world experience across several different careers, a new network of peers and professionals, and a framework for exploring additional careers.
We encourage students to explore, imagine, and experiment. We teach students to be decisive, proactive, and creative in planning for the future. Few of us land in the perfect career on our first try, so we prepare students with "career prototyping" skills so they can continue to explore new career paths for years to come.
TRY 10 CAREERS IN TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP
Would you enjoy a career in technology leadership? Let's find out.
Experience 10 leadership projects in the technology industry and meet with guest speakers who have worked in leadership roles. Use your experiences and learnings to imagine yourself doing what it takes to become a leader in the tech industry. And, gain real experience working on technology industry projects along the way.
MEET MENTORS AND GUEST SPEAKERS FROM TECH COMPANIES LIKE
WHAT DO ALUMNI SAY?
Hear from more the students from the 2017 Summer Program here.
"It was one of the best educational experiences I've ever had."
2017 Summer Program
"I learned the importance of trying new things."
2017 Summer Program
MEET THE LEAD INSTRUCTOR
Samantha Quist is the Founder of Lighthouse. Sam graduated from Stanford, worked at Google, and founded several companies. She's most passionate about helping young people globally learn how to navigate the future. Get to know Sam here.
$975 / student.
Includes lunch and materials.
Ask about before and after care.
Scholarships for financial need available.
Tuition due upon acceptance to reserve your spot in the program.
75% refund for cancellations by 5/15.
ASK US ANYTHING
Want to know more? Email us at email@example.com or call us at (650) 468-0804.